Here are a few important things to consider when making this major life decision:
Understand your finances
- Talk to a professional loan advisor about your assets, debts, and credit history to see if you prequalify for a mortgage
Get your paperwork in line
- Your mortgage lender will require a lot of personal information to build your loan!
- Start gathering:
- Recent tax returns
- Bank Statements
- Pay Stubs
Set aside your down payment
- Depending on which loan product you're applying for, you will typically need to reserve 3%-20% of the sale price!
- If you qualify, some loans allow you to purchase with no money down or monetary gifts from your family
- A preapproval from your lender will help you learn how much you will be able to afford - plus reassures sellers that you are ready to make your move!
Find your new home
- Make sure to factor in your daily commute, shopping, recreation, and local school systems!
Ready to buy?
Download our mortgage application and send to one of our Central State Mortgage Lenders using a secure method.
* Programs are available to qualified buyers. Programs subject to change without notice. Underwriting terms and conditions apply. Some restrictions may apply.